Sunday, July 22, 2007

2007 Birthday Ride to Parco dell' Adamello






July 21st: THE BIG ONE. You know, the one that the second digit rolls over from 9 to 0 and the first digit rolls over and brings you that much closer to Social Security eligibility!! I can't even bring myself to say it.




Traditionally, I do a long ride on my birthday so having a Gruppo 1 club ride scheduled for the Parco dell' Adamello near Trento was perfect. It was a beautiful, but perhaps too hot, day featuring lots of climbing. We passed lakes, villages in valleys, and a very large reservoir on a route with few cars. We had lunch at a restaurant overlooking the reservoir with extra amounts of Prosecco to celebrate my birthday. We really know how to enjoy ourselves. After the big lunch we had to get back on the bikes to climb back to our starting point, 2 hours of riding. That wasn't fun.




Ms. E. called on my cell phone later in the afternoon to say I'd better be getting home as I was going to be late for my (no longer a) surprise dinner at a restaurant with some friends. I was late for my 50th (as Mr. Lee will attest) and I wasn't going to let that happen again. I made it to the restaurant with about 2 minutes to spare. Close call!



Photos: 3 scenes from the ride, birthday dinner with friends (L to R: Edi aka as Ms. E., me, Gianni, Bianca, Agnes and off camera Alexander), 6 candles???!!! You can also find 5 pages of photographs of the Parco at the official website: http://www.parcoadamello.it/eng/galleria/default.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment