Friday, November 16, 2007

2008 Maratona dles Dolomites, Here We Come




Today was the draw for the 2008 Maratona dles Dolomites and I was lucky to be drawn! I'm looking forward to joining the other, approximately, 8,500 riders in the Dolomites on June 29th.

Not only is it beautiful ride, it gives me a purpose. Although I'm very self motivated, knowing that I'll be there again will give me additional motivation to keep training through the cold days of the winter.


Fortunately it doesn't get really cold here in Verona but it gets cold enough on some days that it would easier not to get up to join one of the club rides. Like tomorrow, for Eros Poli's 9:00 a.m. Saturday ride. A cold front is moving in from the north tonight and it's going to be 0C (32F) with a windchill of -4C at ride start; just about the same temperatures for the start of the Maratona in June.


Photos: two images from the Maratona, me leaving for the Maratona start very early in the morning this year

No comments:

Post a Comment