Thursday, July 10, 2008

NJ: An Early Morning Ride






After a few triple-H ((hot, humid, hazy) days a storm passed through during the evening. The morning was perfect so I decided to abandon all my projects around the house to get a ride in for a few hours.


My legs felt "heavy". Which reminded me of a story Eros Poli told me. I had asked him what it was like to be in the opening ceremony of the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles (where he won a gold medal). He said, "We couldn't go. We had to watch the ceremony on TV while laying down on the sofa with our feet elevated. You can't be on your feet too long when you are preparing for a race." Maybe that explains why my legs felt like lead, being on my feet 12 hours+ a day.


Photos: a typical road, a local farmer advertising his eggs, a well decorated roadside mailbox, a beautiful stand of pine trees (which are uncommon in this area), a farmhouse barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment