Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ciao Tutti!


With this blog entry I will close my almost 3 year cycling adventure in Italy. It has been an incredible experience. I will dearly miss all of my friends here, especially everyone in Gruppo 1 who adopted me, and Eros Poli with whom I had memorable rides in France and an incredible visit to the Tour de France.


Our flight back to the United States is at the end of this month. The next two weeks will be very busy getting things organized for the big move back to our home in northwestern New Jersey. I'm looking forward to seeing old friends, and making new friends. If you see me on the roads with my Gruppo 1 jersey make sure you say hello.


I'm planning on continuing my blog once we get settled in. I think all my Italian friends will be intrigued about cycling in the U.S. Hopefully, they will come to visit.


Ciao Tutti!


7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you not stopping the blog. Look forward to reading about the new adventure back home. Great pics of the Museo del Ciclismo. I want to link to your site if that's OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is like the end of an era. Your blog has been an interesting and educational read. Good luck coming back here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. le blaireau: sure, no problem linking to the site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been a joy to read your adventure stories and observations of your time in Italy. I have looked forward to the updates and will miss seeing Italy through your eyes. Godspeed home and look forward to your tales from the US.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today (5/18) is the first time I have seen your blog. It is very good and brings back a lot of memories. I had Gino Liotto of Vicenza build a bike for me in December 1971. I rode it for 15 years before I sold it. Most of my rides were in the Veneto east of Vicenza. I understand Liotto now has a shop also in Verona, so you may be familiar with him. Hope you have many more great rides.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pity we never find some hours for a ride together!
    We usually say "si chiude una porta, si spalanca un portone"
    I hope I will read your blogs describing beautiful rides in the US!
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best. Keep writing once you're here.

    ReplyDelete