Monday, June 30, 2008

NJ: A Visit to Clinton






With some of my house projects behind me I had a chance for a long ride including a visit to Clinton. Clinton is nestled in the hills of Hunterdon County, New Jersey. It is a quintessential American small town that attracts many visitors. A charming historic shopping area, cherry tree lined streets, a beautiful red mill, and a river meandering through it makes Clinton a picture perfect hamlet.



The old truss bridge that spans the Raritan River was constructed circa 1870 overlooks a 200 foot wide waterfall which separates two old grist mills; Clinton's landmark Red Mill (built in 1810), home of the Hunterdon Historical Museum, and the Stone Mill, which houses the Hunterdon Museum of Art.



Photos: truss bridge with trout fishermen, Stone Mill in background, the Red Mill, a trout fisherman, Main Street

2 comments:

  1. ciao amico, that pics remind me much about a place called Borghetto, a place I hope you saw while in Italy. I wish you are enjoying your rides back in US. Alessandro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Alessandro. Tutto ok! Yes, I was in Borghetto (and ate tortellini).

    ReplyDelete