Sunday, June 8, 2008

NJ: Ride to Califon, Hoffman's Crossing, Woodglen






After a very, very 1st week of getting re-settled into out home there was some time for some riding...finally. While I rode from from Schooley's Mountain along quiet country roads on the way to the small town of Califon I couldn't help thinking of my friends in Gruppo 1 who were at the same time starting their one week Tour of Umbria.


Califon is a quaint town bisected by a branch of the Raritan River. The short, picturesque, stretch of River Road leads to a climb of Hoffman's Crossing Road which is one of the many short but challenging climbs in the area.


After climbing Hoffman's Crossing Road I did a loop that brought me back to Califon where I continued further westward to Hickory Run Road which is another short climb to Woodglen and the Woodglen General Store. From there it was a short ride to Anthony and then home.



One of the visually striking differences between Verona and vicinity, and here, is how green it is in western New Jersey.

PHOTOS : horse farm near home, old farm house, a restful spot, the Woodglen General Store

No comments:

Post a Comment