Monday, October 6, 2008

NJ: Skipped Sunday A.M. Ride for Pancake Breakfast








October 5th: I woke up this morning to a cold, wet morning. I had all my cycling clothes ready for the Sunday a.m. ride but the pancake breakfast at a local firehouse sounded like a better idea. I decided to bail on my friends and enjoy a breakfast that I hadn't had in 3 years.


In rural New Jersey the fire companies are virtually all volunteer fire companies. As such, they are always having to raise funds to support themselves. When October rolls around each year the local fire companies begin their season of hosting pancake breakfasts. These are "all you can eat" affairs and today's included eggs, pancakes, sausages and coffee and donuts. Hmmmm.


Later in the day the weather cleared up an I went for a nice 3.5 hour ride, enjoying sunshine and a tinge of Fall colors.


Photos: pancake breakfast, self portrait (taken in front of some the mirrors on the roads here so people can see oncoming traffic from their driveways), in the distance Point Lookout Mountain (well, what goes by for a "mountain" in New Jersey) which I'll climb later, my Chesini, hills and horses, NJ farmland)

1 comment:

  1. Your Chesini is very nice! Greetings from Germany, Marcello

    ReplyDelete