Monday, October 17, 2011

2012 Giro d'Italia: Rider Quotes


A few of the observations made after the 2012 Giro d'Italia presentation yesterday:

Contador (winner 2011): "Next year, I will think about other objectives, such as the Tour de France. Although you can never say never, next year I will not be here."

Scarponi (2nd 2011): "Am I the favorite (as Contador will not be in the race)? No, I think I am one of the five or six riders that will be favored to win."

Nibali (3rd 2011): "I don't know if I will be at the start of the Giro. From what I saw, however, it seems a good Giro. Interesting, maybe not as hard last year, but more uncertain and more beautiful."

Basso: I really like next year's Giro, I believe it's a course that is very favorable to me. We have not yet outlined plans for next season but I think you can race the Giro and the Tour in the same year."

Follow on Twitter: ITALIANCYCJOURN

Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondos, touring, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, etc. are always welcome. Contact me at veronaman@gmail.com. There are more than 2,100 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog. There is also a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page.

No comments:

Post a Comment