Monday, October 17, 2011

2012 Giro d'Italia: Rider Quotes

A few of the observations made after the 2012 Giro d'Italia presentation yesterday:

Contador (winner 2011): "Next year, I will think about other objectives, such as the Tour de France. Although you can never say never, next year I will not be here."

Scarponi (2nd 2011): "Am I the favorite (as Contador will not be in the race)? No, I think I am one of the five or six riders that will be favored to win."

Nibali (3rd 2011): "I don't know if I will be at the start of the Giro. From what I saw, however, it seems a good Giro. Interesting, maybe not as hard last year, but more uncertain and more beautiful."

Basso: I really like next year's Giro, I believe it's a course that is very favorable to me. We have not yet outlined plans for next season but I think you can race the Giro and the Tour in the same year."

Follow on Twitter: ITALIANCYCJOURN

Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondos, touring, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, etc. are always welcome. Contact me at There are more than 2,100 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog. There is also a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page.

No comments:

Post a Comment