|Guderzo, Abbott, Hausler|
The Maglia Rosa and best climber of this 2013 Giro Rosa commented on her victory: "I can finally say I managed to do it! Thanks go to my team, the public and all those who believed in me. Now, I’ll have an ice-cream, pack my stuff and fly back home, where I’ll celebrate with my family and friends. I’ll be back to the Giro to try to be the best once again and to feel the warmth of the Italian fans."
Marianne Vos, 3-time stage winner and leader of the Points Classification, will meet Abbott and the other big contenders at the World Championships in Tuscany: "I am really satisfied with my Giro performance and I want to thank all the organizers of the most prestigious women’s international race, who managed to create an amazing edition. As always, I tried to do my best to honor this great event. See you again in September in Italy."
Tatiana Guderzo will also be at the World Championships in September. She finished second in the General Classification and won the blue jersey (best Italian rider): "Like every Giro rider I was dreaming of taking the Maglia Rosa, but I am really satisfied with my final result. I also want to thank my teammates and race director Rivolta for their hard work. It was really a great Giro!"
It was a superb event for the 127 cyclists who rode the 8 stages of the 2013 Giro Rosa. Satisfied with the success of the event race director Giuseppe Rivolta said: "Thanks to all the riders, my staff, the sponsors, the policemen, the journalists and the photographers and TV. We will see you all again next year for the 25th edition, which will be commemorated and celebrated in style."
1. Van Dijk Eleonora (Specialized Lululemon) 16,00 km in 21'12"31 average speed 47,832 km/h;
2. Stevens Evelyn (Specialized Lululemon) at 35"
3. Gillow Shara (Orica Ais) at 52"
4. Ferrand Prevot Pauline (Rabo Woman Cycling Team) at 57"
5. Villumsen Linda Melanie (Wiggle Honda) at 1'02"
6. Wiles Tayler (Specialized Lululemon) at 1'10"
7. Gunnewijk Loes (Orica Ais) at 1'11"
8. Van den Breggen Anna (Netherlands National Team) at 1'13"
9. Burchenkova Alexandra (Rusvelo) at 1'15"
10. Small Carmen (Specialized Lululemon) at 1'17"
1. Abbott Mara (USA National Team) in 20h30'15"
2. Guderzo Tatiana (MCipollini Ale Galassia) at 1'33"
3. Hausler Claudia (Tibco To The Top) at 2'18"
4. Gillow Shara (Orica Ais) at 3'29"
5. Stevens Evelyn (Specialized Lululemon) at 3'39"
PINK Derma Fresh, General Classification: Abbott Mara (Nazionale Usa)
CICLAMINO Selle Italia, Points Classification: Vos Marianne (Rabo Woman Cycling Team)
GREEN Saugella, KOM Classification: Abbott Mara (Nazionale Usa)
WHITE Algida, Young Classification: Cauz Francesca (Top Girls Fassa Bortolo)
BLUE Dama, Italian Classification: Guderzo Tatiana (MCipollini Ale Galassia)
Follow on Twitter: ITALIANCYCJOURN or receive an email when new content is added using the "Follow by Email" button on the right side column. With more than 2,900 stories in this blog the custom search feature (right column) works best for finding subjects in the blog. There is also a translate button underneath the search button.
Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondos, touring, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, racing, etc. are always welcome. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.