Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Milan Bike Show Press Pass Arrives!






My press pass as ITALIAN CYCLING JOURNAL arrived today for the EICMA Milan Bike Show (actually named the 65th International Bicycle and Motorcycle Exhibition)!


I am looking forward to seeing the new innovations that the Italian bike industry will be bringing to the exhibition, the odd and interesting tidbits, the famous personalities, and not-so-famous but nice persons that make the show fun.


Photos from 2006: my favorite bike, a "punk" frame; 50,000 Euro gold saddle with diamonds that a sheik had made for his daughter; meeting Eddy Merckx was over the top!; this is one of the not-so-famous persons that makes the show fun; the Colnago "booth" (did I say booth?!).

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    If you can get pictures and/or feed back on the new "Arc Slope" top tube bikes I would appreciate it. I'm not sure if this new look is just a fad or something that has staying power. The Cinelli "Best of" and the De Rosa "Idol" are good examples of what I'm talking about.
    Thanks,
    Bret

    P.S. Congrats on the Press Pass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wilier "Cento" (100th anniversary model) also has this style. The new top-of-the-line Fondriest TF2 will have this style. I'll try to determine at the show if it's a design that has staying power.

    ReplyDelete