Sunday, January 4, 2009

NJ: Not Really Much Going On



December 30th, 2008 & January 4th, 2009: Ride-wise not much is going on, trying to get rides in as weather permits. The 30th was nice enough to get out for a ride. It was windy as hell, even my steel bike was all over the place. It was one of those days I was happy to not be riding a lightweight wonder with high profile carbon wheels with aero spokes.



Between the last day of December and January 4th the weather was a crappy mix of snow, freezing rain, and rain. More of the same is in the forecasts.



The Hackettstown Sunday, January 4th, 0930 ride crew went for a ride today but it was still 22F where I live so I waited for it to warm up a bit. I'm enjoying winter riding, as long as its sunny. I use the windchill factor chart and use some common sense about when to go out. I've learned that my fingers prefer another layer over the Pearl Izumi "Gavia"gloves; I'm using some styling (?) fleece gloves direct from the Christmas market in Piazza Bra in Verona.
Well, at least I wasn't standing in the middle of a river trout fishing (first photograph)! Although when I passed the fisherman he had that look in his eyes of, "Look at that crazy guy riding a bike!".

No comments:

Post a Comment