Thursday, January 22, 2009

Win: A Trip to Verona and an Eddy Merckx Bike










Old readers of my blog know that I lived in Verona, Italy. A beautiful city to visit and live.






BICYCLING magazine is having an essay contest in which the prize is an Eddy Merckx bike and an all expenses trip for two to Verona to enter the Granfondo Eddy Merckx on June 2nd. All you need to do is write 50 perfect words. OMG, I'll be wracking my brains. The granfondo will be of 148 Kms with 1.740 meters of climbing. For those not ready for that a mediofondo of 90 Km with 490 meters of climbing is available.









Photos: GF Eddy Merckx logo, Verona and the Adige River at sunset, photo taken from the bridge near where we lived; I met Eddy Merckx at the Milan bike show in 2007, that was a WOW; an Eddy Merckx EMX frame, made in a partnership with Pinarello

2 comments:

  1. where did you live in Verona?
    I was born and I live in VR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Ale,
    I lived on via Santa Maria Rocca Maggiore, around the corner from da Salvatore (pizza)! If you look through my blog you can see I belonged to the GRUPPO 1 cycling club (of San Massimo, VR)

    ReplyDelete