Monday, September 1, 2008

NJ: 2008 Olde Mill Inn Tour of Basking Ridge, Part I






Today was "Labor Day", a national holiday. Traditionally, I have gone to watch the Tour of Basking Ridge criterium race so I thought it would be nice to continue this tradition on my first Labor Day back in the United States.



The "Tour" is based on a course of a 1.1 mile loop around the village of Basking Ridge that is repeated to log the required number of miles in each race. This year I decided to ride there from home and to arrive in time to watch the Pro, Category 1,2 and 3 race which would race a total of 25 miles.
Photos: farm silos; Black River Road; arriving in Basking Ridge; Juan & Josh, up and coming strong riders in the Junior category; the racers line up for the main event

2 comments:

  1. Hey Angel,

    Nice to see you at the race! I decided to try my hand at the Citizen's race and after some good coaching by Teddy and Josh was able to win it! Very proud to come home with a Gold metal. Hope to get to ride with you sometime this fall.

    Jim V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh is my favorite racer in these pics!! Josh you rule!!

    ReplyDelete