Sunday, March 29, 2009

Glossary of Italian Bike Related Words and Expressions, Part II

Part I of the Glossary of Italian Bike Related Words and Expressions can be seen here:
http://italiancyclingjournal.blogspot.com/2007/05/glossary-of-italian-bike-related-words.html

Part II covers some useful, and fun phrases, courtesy of www.bikemart.com for when you are riding in Italy or want to impress your friends:

Ride extremely fast.......
Vanno velocissime

You're not as fast as you look......
Non sei veloce come sembrai

Feel free to take a pull.....
Ha la cortesia di lavorare un po'

I'm conserving energy for the mountains.....
Io conservo energia per le montagne

The last 2 kilometers are killer.....
Gli ultimi due chilometri sono micidiali

Enough!.....
Basta!

Can you lead me out in the sprint?.....
Poi lavorare per mi nella volata?

Am I riding too fast for you?.....
Vado troppo veloce per te?

This climb is hard!....
Questa salita e dura!

I'm very tired!.....
Sono molto stanco!

How many kilometers to go?.....
Cuanti chilometri rimangano?

Haven't we been through this town before?....
No abbiamo passato questo villaggio gia?

I think my brakes are dragging.....
Credo che mi stanno rallentando I freni

Outta my way!.....
Lasciami passare!

Are you sure we are on the right road?.....
E questo la strada giusta?

I only ride titanium (steel).....
Solo vado in bicicleta di titanio (acciao)

My other bike is carbon-fiber.....
Il altro bicicleta mio 'e di carbonio

Superior technology.....
Technologia superiore

Go Cipollini!.....
Forza Cipollini!

Which way to the podium?.....
Dove' si trova il podio?

Waiter, more champagne for my domestiques!
Cameriere, piu' champagna per i mie compagni di squadra!

Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal welcome; contact veronaman@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the effort you've made with the glossary of terms, however, your grammar is a bit off.

    ReplyDelete