Monday, March 29, 2010

Vos Wins 2010 Trofeo Alfredo Binda in Cittiglio




"La cannibale", Marianne Vos (NED-Rabobank), gave an encore performance on via Valcuvia in Cittiglio on a sunny Spring day to win the Trofeo Alfredo Binda, the first women's first World Cup race of 2010. Only a few weeks ago Vos also won the women's cyclo-cross world title.

"I am happy to repeat the success here at Cittiglio", said Vos happy after the race. "Today, I have had very strong opponents, large and enthusiastic crowds, and it was exciting to again raise my arms in victory."

"More than that I just could not do", said Noemi Cantele, the first of the Italians in fifth overall. "I had four sprinters with me so I am still happy with my result."

1. Vos Marianne (NED) km. 129 in 3h27’37", average 37,280 km/h
2. Bras Martine (NED) st
3. Johansson Emma (SWE)
4. Corset Ruth (AUS)
5. Cantele Noemi (ITA)
6. Cooke Nicole (GBR)
7. Berlato Elena (ITA)
8. Arndt Judith (GER)
9. Guderzo Tatiana (ITA)
10.Zabelinskaya Olga (RUS) at 5 seconds

Photos by Bettini: Vos wins; road World Champion Tatiana Guderzo, from Italy, during the race

Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondo, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, etc. are very welcome. Contact me at veronaman@gmail.com. There are more than 1,300 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog and there is also a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page.

No comments:

Post a Comment