Thursday, July 8, 2010

2010 Tour de France, Stage 4 to Petacchi


The hiring of Danilo Hondo in December has paid more dividends as Hondo led out Alessandro Petacchi to his 2nd stage victory in a clean sprint finish in Reims ahead of Dean, Boasson Hagen, McEwen and Hunter.

"This was a perfect sprint, as perfect as my legs were perfect today. Probably yesterday's efforts on the cobblestones helped me to be very brilliant today," commented Petacchi. "I didn't want to wait for Cavendish or Hushovd to start their sprints, so thanks to an outstanding action by Hondo I began my sprint at 300 meters go."

It was Petacchi's 6th stage victory in the Tour de France.

Petacchi uses a specially modified Wilier Cento1 Superleggera; see story here.

Photo: Bettini

Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondos, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, etc. are very welcome. Contact me at veronaman@gmail.com. There are more than 1,400 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog and there is also a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page.

No comments:

Post a Comment