Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bianchi: Celeste #227



1984 advertisement from Bianchi (click to enlarge) discussing that they wanted to change the official Bianchi color from celeste to another color. After a poll that had 50,000 respondents the choice was clear: celeste was voted 7 to 1 to remain the official color of Bianchi.

Ad courtesy of 14bikeco.

Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondos, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, etc. are very welcome. Contact me at veronaman@gmail.com. There are more than 1,400 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog and there is also a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page.

4 comments:

  1. I remember that series. The one with the Pantone square announcing the winner was what turned me on to Bianchi's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that series. The one with the Pantone square announcing the winner was what turned me on to Bianchi's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great ad although that lovely frame is much, much later than 1984.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember receiving Bianchi's catalog in the mail, back in the early 80's. It was their Centennial celebration, and I believe that I originally came across them in Bicycling Magazine. Either way, I've been a die hard Bianchi & Celeste #227 fan from that point on! Even though I've never owned one, they will both always hold a warm place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete