Thursday, August 25, 2011
2012 Gran Fondo New York Registration + Maratona
This is the schedule for opening of registration for the 2012 Gran Fondo New York which will be held on May 20th:
"Survey respondents: September 6 at 12pm ET, the survey respondents have a 24 hour window when they can register. You will receive an email invitation directly from Eventbrite when registration is live.
2011 participants: September 7 at 12pm ET, 2011 participants can register and take advantage of the early registration. You will receive an email invitation directly from Eventbrite when registration is live.
General registration: September 8 at 12pm ET, general registration opens on www.granfondony.eventbrite.com.
The entry fee for the Gran and Medio Fondo remain the same: $195 and $165 respectively until October 31. Great news: we were able to waive the processing fee so the only additional cost is your credit card fee (3%). Hence, the actual entry fee is lower than 2011!
Spots are limited. If you want to race, make sure you register asap."
Note also that the GF NY is organizing a trip next year that will include entry into the Maratona dles Dolomites. Initial info:
"Join Team Gran Fondo New York for an exclusive trip to the 2012 Maratona dles Dolomites on July 1. Not only will you enjoy a guaranteed spot for one of the most spectacular and challenging Gran Fondos but also have everything taken care of from the moment you land in Venice, Italy. And while you're there, you'll also get to ride legendary climbs like Stelvio and Cime di Lavaredo as well. It just doesn't get any better than that.
- arrival June 23 and departure July 2
- accommodation in *** or ***S Hotel
- roundtrip transfer from Venice airport
- June 24: Sella Ronda bike day
- June 25: day off
- June 26: Passo Stelvio
- June 27: Tre Cime di Lavaredo
- July 1: Maratona dles Dolomites, entry for second start block
- a local guide from the 26th to the 29th for the different rides
- mechanical assistance on place from July 25th to 30th
- Gran Fondo New York kit
- bike rental can be arranged
- companion/non-rider activities: every other day of the week there will be guided walks around the Dolomites
- the estimated cost is $2,800 for the riders (less for companions) plus flights to/from Venice, Italy
Check out this video of the Maratona 2011!
Bookings: Please email us at email@example.com and we will put you in touch with the Official Tour Operator "Holimites" (Holidays in the Dolomites). Packages start selling mid September and must be booked by November."
Follow on Twitter: ITALIANCYCJOURN
Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondos, touring, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, etc. are always welcome. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are more than 2,000 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog. There is also a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page.