Thursday, March 15, 2007

Almost to Malcesine


Malcesine is a very pretty town, along the eastern shore of Lake Garda, further north from Torre del Benaco. I thought I ride there as the weather was fantastic, sunny, blue skies and 18C (64F).



Lake Garda has an interesting wind effect. In the mornings the wind is always blowing towards the south, as the days warms up the wind switches directions. For us in Verona that means our rides along the lake are into the wind.


As you leave Torre del Benaco the road north is typically only a few feet from the water. It was particular windy Tuesday and it just beat me into submission. After 120 miles on the weekend I wasn't recovered enough for a 90 mile day with much of it into the wind. So, I turned around and climbed Torre to Albisano and took in the spectacular views of the lake.


The following day I did the club ride which went for espresso to Torre del Benaco. My Italian friends consider it the prettiest harbor on the lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment