Sunday, March 4, 2007

New climb finishing with lunch in Piazza Erbe


Today, Sunday, March 4th, was a beautiful day. It was so nice that all I needed were bib shorts, and a base under a short sleeve jersey. Spring is here...already!


After breakfast and a stroll around Verona with E. I went on a solo ride to try a new climb I discovered last week. It felt so good to be riding without long pants, a jacket, and long fingered gloves. From Verona I headed west along the Lungadige to Parona and onto via Valpolicella. Before arriving at Negrar I turned back east and climbed this beautiful road up to Montecchio. From there it was more climbing along a very narrow ridge road with views of Lago di Garda.

After winding my way back to Verona, E. and I decided to have lunch in Piazza Erbe, a square full of life and colours as only some of the best squares of Italy can be. We sat in the sun, had a wonderful lunch, people watched, and relaxed. Life is good.
Photo: Piazza Erbe, green awnings are Cafe Filippini


No comments:

Post a Comment