Monday, December 14, 2009

Cicli Paletti: Integral Braking System






A Cicli Paletti banner at a cyclocross race caught my eye, a brand I wasn't familiar with (there is seemingly no end to the bike brands in Italy). I learned they are located in Modena.

One technology innovation they claim is the "integral braking system" in which the the front brake is built into the fork blades; the rear brake is shrouded. They claim this innovation began in 1987; the pictured bike appears to be more recent.

Photos: from Cicli Paletti, Modena

Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal welcome; contact me at veronaman@gmail.com. There are more than 1,100 stories in this blog; the search feature to the right works best for finding things in the blog.

2 comments:

  1. That's certainly unique but I bet it makes adjusting Deltas seem easy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taurus did this in the 20's...

    ReplyDelete