Friday, June 24, 2011
Noemi Cantele, Women's Italian Road Race Champion
After a joint 30+ km escape in which Noemi Cantele (Garmin-Cervelo) and Tatiana Guderzo worked together in the Women's Elite national championship race in Milazzo (ME) the race came down to a sprint won by Cantele. Comfortable in third, arriving solo, was Silvia Valsecchi.
Cantele, already a national champion in the TT, will also try to win the TT competition.
World Champion Giorgia Bronzini, coming off a very successful racing series in the USA, finished 7th. Monia Baccaille, hoping for a third successive victory, finished 10th.
1. Noemi Cantele (Garmin-Cervelo)119.3 km in 3h25'36", average 34,830 km/h
2. Tatiana Guderzo (Mcipollini Giambenini Giordana) st
3. Silvia Valsecchi (Top Girls Fassa Bortolo) at 1'08"
4. Valentina Bastianelli (Vaiano Tepso Solaristech) at 2'19"
5. Valentina Scandolara (Gauss Rdz Unico 1) st
6. Rossella Callovi (Mcipollini Giambenini Giordana)
7. Giorgia Bronzini (Colavita Forno d'Asolo)
8. Elena Berlato (Top Girls Fassa Bortolo)
9. Elisa Longo Borghini (Top Girls Fassa Bortolo)
10. Monia Baccaille (Mcipollini Giambenini Giordana) at 4'12"
Video, in Italian, of race finish, and interviews with Cantele and Guderzo:
Follow on Twitter: ITALIANCYCJOURN
Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondos, touring, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, etc. are always welcome. Contact me at email@example.com. There are more than 2,000 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog. There is also a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment