Friday, November 18, 2011
2012 Maratona dles Dolomites
There were 29,100 entry applications from 75 countries for the 2012 Maratona dles Dolomites. The random draw for approximately 8,000 riders has now taken place, you can find the names at www.maratona.it.
For those that did not get selected there remain two ways to still gain an entry:
1) 170 registrations will be available at increased price; the money raised (minus the 83 euro registration fee that is included) will be donated to a supported charity:
* 150 GOLD registrations at a price of 200,00 euro;
* 15 PLATINUM registrations at a price of 400,00 euro;
* 5 CRYSTAL registrations at a price of 1.500,00 euro
These registrations will be sold (payment by credit card) on www.maratona.it on November 22, 2011, starting at 6 p.m. (GMT+1)
2) In addition, 165 entries (150 GOLD entries and 15 PLATINUM entries) will be sold online on www.maratonat.it on March 22, 2012.
Note: Homelites, the tour package partner of the Maratona, has sold out.
Follow on Twitter: ITALIANCYCJOURN
Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondos, touring, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, etc. are always welcome. Contact me at email@example.com. There are more than 2,200 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog. There is also a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page.