Friday, July 17, 2009

Franco Pellizotti in Polka Dots


Franco Pellizotti (Liquigas) has two goals for this year's Tour de France, "I've got two aims in this race, to win a mountain stage - preferably at Mont Ventoux (on stage 20) - and to win the polka dot jersey." Today he took over the climber's "pois" jersey after chipping away at rival Egoi Martínez. Pellizotti now leads Martínez by a slim 3 points, 98 to 95.



Meanwhile, Nocentini had no real difficulties on today's five-climb stage to Colmar and retained the yellow jersey for the 7th day. Sunday will be another story......



Stories, including cycling trip stories, for the Italian Cycling Journal welcome; contact veronaman@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I hope he pulls it off. I like him, and wish him luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he pulls it off. I wish him well.

    ReplyDelete