Thursday, May 3, 2012

Michele Scarponi Presented Trofeo Senza Fine, Pink Jersey for 2011 Giro



In Herning today Michele Scarponi was presented the Trofeo Senza Fine and Maglia Rosa by Michele Aquarone and Mauro Vegni for winning the 2011 Giro d'Italia.

"Sincerely, I don't like to become the winner in these circumstances," said Scarponi. "My dream is to raise my arms up in the air in Milan with the trophy. If I can achieve that, the emotion will be huge and totally different. I don't want to think too much that I own this trophy now. I prefer to focus on the coming Giro. I want to win this one for good."

Related story:  Michele Scarponi Becomes 2011 Giro d'Italia Winner

Follow on Twitter: ITALIANCYCJOURN

Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondos, touring, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, etc. are always welcome. Contact me at veronaman@gmail.com. There are more than 2,400 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog. There is also a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page .  


No comments:

Post a Comment